AMAZING CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE! OUR VERY OWN $500000 MACARTHUR "GENIUS" AWARD WINNER FEATURED ON THE COVER OF MS MAGAZINE


So I came across the article today and boy was I blown away. I am really proud of Chimamanda's achievements ; just in case you have been leaving under a rock and do not know who she is well here is a synopsis.

Born in Nigeria , Chimamanda studied medicine and pharmacy in Nigeria prior to coming to live in the United States at age 19. She earned her undergraduate degree in communication and political science at Eastern Connecticut State University, then her masters in creative writing at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.

She has won numerous awards for her Novels and she characterizes herself as "Nigerian, feminist, black igbo and more , but when I am categorized as one, it makes it impossible to be seen as all of the others and I find this limiting"

Well what can we say but " more feathers to her hat"!

Comments

JS said…
Yes, I agree with you. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is a Nigerian we all ought to be proud of. I had the honour to interview her sometime ago in England.

Very colourful blog, I must say. I like it.

I have a blog diary going at http://babajidesalu.wordpress.com

Keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

GHANA'S FILM RISING STARS WATCHOUT NOLLYWOOD.

VAN VICKER IS TAKEN LADIES!