POWER WOMAN: Dakore Egbuson working at the United Nations plus she how she met her husband! A must read!

We remember the gorgeous actress Dakore and we profiled her wedding here and the birth of her baby here years back. Well today, The amazing actress is an ambassador of Amnesty International in Nigeria, a position she got back in 2005.  Well she was the number one actress in Nollywood. She shared her journey on life after Nollywood with punch newspapers in this awe inspiring interview!

On being both a wife and a working mum “It is extremely difficult, I do not know how women make it happen but somehow we make it happen. I just take it one day at a time and try not to be too stressed. I learnt to plan ahead and that is the only way. I have a great support network in my nanny, mum and my husband because sometimes when I am not present with the kids, I have to make sure there is someone who is competent to do that.

“It is tough because when I am out all day and I return home, I still have to be a mum and a wife. I am thankful that there is more meaning to my life as opposed to when I was single and in the movies,” she says.

On the reason she ventured into acting: “Before, I was doing it because it was the most natural thing for me to do and I made money from it. Though I am not where I would like to be but I’m open and aware. I know that what I have is a gift and I want to do justice to that gift. I want to touch people. My focus is a lot clearer now.”

She is married to Olumide, son of Ibadan-born billionaire, Chief Harry Akande.

On how she met her husband: “We met in Lagos. I just relocated from London and he just returned from Chicago. We got talking because he wanted me to present a television show. I did not get the job but I did get the dude. It was work-related but we found out we connected. We were friends for a while before we started dating. Then, I was not out for a date. I liked him for his confidence and he gave me my space too. He was a real gentleman and well-spoken. When it was time for the engagement, I knew it would happen, but I did not know when. I knew what it was like to make a mistake because my parents were not together and I needed to be sure. I was career driven but not driven about marriage.

On how he proposed: “The proposal was really nice. He got down on his knees and proposed and people were emotional. Shortly after that, we got married. We had Ayomide, our first daughter, who is now three, and Dasola, who is 10 months old now.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GHANA'S FILM RISING STARS WATCHOUT NOLLYWOOD.

VAN VICKER IS TAKEN LADIES!