BACK TO THE BASICS OF TRUE FASHION DESIGN




Are you a budding designer? Well here is my practical advice on areas yet uncharted.




Find a niche! Wedding, Maternity and of course the most overlooked fashion enthusiasts plus size!




Guess what entrepreneur magazine says about the plus size market?




"The numbers don't lie. The average American woman is a size 12 to 16, and 30 percent of all U.S. adults are obese. Meanwhile, London-based researcher Mintel International Group Ltd. reports the plus-size clothing market reached nearly $32 billion in 2005. It's no wonder plus sizes are making waves" African sisters too.




Now given a choice to start my own line; I would say my niche would be plus and maternity. It is a huge and dare I say overlooked market. Any questions?




If you are a budding designer, here is my advice.




1. Think globally. Design your style and then send it off via base camp to your manufacturer in china etc.




2. Get people to talk about it. Get on a blog like naijagal. Next thing you know you are well on your way.




3. Partner up! Do you know someone selling plus size robes. You sell plus size lingerie for example.




Any other ideas? Good news readers, I have something cooking which I am pretty excited about.








Comments

Wale said…
not sure how to take this. but i do know i definitely love the idea of making something fashionable for everyone.
Anonymous said…
hi wale! I am buying a camera; what do you suggest? I have my eyes set on D70 SLR NIKON OR D2X? i am looking into photography on the weekends.

yes everyone deserves to be fashionable and a niche will make you a tidy profit. my 2 cents!
Anonymous said…
sorry 2 kobo lol!

Popular posts from this blog

GHANA'S FILM RISING STARS WATCHOUT NOLLYWOOD.

VAN VICKER IS TAKEN LADIES!