Breaking news!!! Boko haram to possibly release the chibook girls on Monday #bringbackourgirls

Boko haram set to release the chibok girls on Monday !!!!

Reportedly, Boko Haram sect may release on Monday ,over 200 abducted Chibok girls who were taken  6 months ago. Allegedly a deal has been made between the federal government and the group.

This deal was supposedly made via the Nigerian military Who in turn announced The agreement via the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Alex Badeh.

The military has tried to defeat Boko Haram sect which began in 2009. The Islamist militant group sparked global outrage six months ago by abducting more than 200 girls from the town of Chibok in Borno State.

According to Badeh, “a ceasefire agreement has been concluded between the Federal Government and the Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal Jihad (Boko Haram)”.

The President’s Principal Secretary, Hassan Tukur, told BBC Africa that an agreement that was reached after one month of negotiations in Saudi Arabia, to end the Boko Haram hostilities had been reached after talks with the sect.

He said: “The Boko Haram members have assured us that they have the girls and that they will release them. I am cautiously optimistic.”

Tukur and Danladi Ahmadu, who calls himself the Secretary-General of Boko Haram, told VOA’s Hausa-language service that the abducted girls would be released on Monday in Chad.

Comments