MEET THE 19 YEAR OLD FOUNDER OF PINTEREST! SOON TO BE A BILLIONAIRE!

Yes, we said and it will happen; it is only a matter of time facebook or google or the likes will buy pinterest. What is pinterest? Well it is in essence a photo bookmarking site. You like the photos you see online and you pin it so others can see it too.  If you are retailer it is great way to promote your business! Did you know one of the founders is only 19?

9-Year-Old Sahil Lavingia on His Trek Through Silicon Valley

Check out the article below:

Orginally posted in youngentrepreneur.com



Did you always have entrepreneurial ambitions?
Since I was 13, I've been building stuff. I was never like, "I want to start a company." People want to build products and sometimes the best way to build a product is to start a company around it. I don’t really call myself an entrepreneur; I just want to build cool stuff.

Has your young age ever held you back?
No, actually my age gets me in the door sometimes. If I was at the same place I’m at today except I was 40, no one pay attention. Also, users don’t care how old I am. They just want to use the best products.

Related: The Big Mistake Businesses are Making with Pinterest

Who in the tech world inspires you?
My favorite founder is Cory Levy. He is the founder and COO of One Inc., an app that notifies users when someone around them shares their interests. He's not caught up in the hype and raising money and all the things that don't matter, he's authentic.

What else is on tap for you?
Hopefully nothing. If Gumroad goes as well as I hope it will, I want to work on it until I die. I think it solves a really big problem. And I think being able to focus on it is key. The founders that I respect most are the ones who work on their companies tirelessly.

Any words of advice for would-be entrepreneurs?
I think people are too obsessed with the notion of starting a company. People should care more about being happy. I don’t work on Gumroad because I want to change the world. That might be what happens, but really I want to work on Gumroad because I find it fun.

This story originally appeared at YoungEntrepreneur.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GHANA'S FILM RISING STARS WATCHOUT NOLLYWOOD.

VAN VICKER IS TAKEN LADIES!