SANDRA OMO A SUPER MODEL YOU NEED TO KNOW IN THIS JAW DROPPING INTERVIEW!!



STANDING at 5ft, 9’’, Sandra Omo Idugboe is a UK-based model, actress and writer, whose rise from an ordinary girl to one of Africa’s most promising talents is commendable. The lady has done modeling jobs in the UK, Holland, Germany, South Africa and some big commercial advertorials including MTN-sponsored South Africa 2010 World Cup, Canal FranceTV’s World Cup commercial for all of europe, Vodacom commercial for all French speaking African countries. She is the official campaign face of Mode Kendis Bag Label, The Netherlands, and has also featured for top designers including Levis, Jerry Ribbon, Roberto Cavalli, Jaeger and Black Beauty & Hair. With an unusual strut on the runway, which she is well known for, Sandra has participated in some of the world’s biggest fashion shows including the London Fashion Week, Culture 2 Couture, Arise Fashion Week, BBC, Black History Month, London Diversity Fashion Week and Cape Town Fashion Week. She was the Face of Brighton (2007) modeling competition (the first black model to win such), MBGN Model/Nigerian Model of the Year (2008), the first Nigerian in Diaspora to win the contest with a right to represent Nigeria at the international modeling competition. In April 2008, she received an achievement award from the Nigerian High Commissioner to the UK, in recognition of her contributions to the enhancement of Nigeria and Nigerians’ image in the UK. Her movie credits include the Oscar-nominated Secrets of the DeadSlave Ship Mutiny, which aired on PBS America. The celebrity columnist of the highly rated column, Model City, a model’s diary, shares with DANIEL ANAZIA some of her ‘firsts’.

First time on the runway
The BBC fashion show, London 2007, and it was my first paid fashion show. Prior to that, I had done jobs that I was not paid because I was an upcoming model.
First pay cheque
It was €300 in 2003, and it was for a job done for a wedding house. It was more like a family thing; my aunty had just come back from London and wants to open a wedding gown/bridal shop but needed a model to be the face of the brand. 


First thing you consider when dressing up
Elegance and comfort; fashion for me is all about elegance and comfort. I love looking elegant and dashing in what I wear be it a red a carpet function or dinner meet. I’m not trend or fad crazy, I like to inspire with my dress sense.
First movie run
It is Slave Ship Mutiny, a historical film about the slave ship Meermin, whose fatal voyage tells about a lost chapter in the history of the slave trade and one of Africa’s first freedom fighters. It was shot in South Africa. Also, I was in Quantum of Solace, Secrets of the Dead and some Nollywood movies, which will be hitting the cinemas and screen very soon. I’m still a model but acting is a passion that drives me crazy right now.
First kiss
It was a beautiful experience, especially when it’s with someone you love. It was in my first year in the university, The American University, London and with a guy I met at an early age. The relationship was based on mutual feelings; our chemistry was unique and for his name… keep searching.
First thing that attracts you in people
I like people who are driven but hate pretenders… people wey dey form.
First fashion piece ever bought
It was a Swarovski ring. I love ring and shoes a lot; they are two fashion pieces I can’t do without.
 First choice holiday spot
I travel a lot and I’m a holiday person. On my 22nd birthday, I gave myself a ticket for a visit to my 22ndcountry. The biggest gift in life is the experience.
First choice food
Pounded yam and Ogbono soup; I could actually drink a bowl of the soup and be fine.
First time you sneaked out for a party
It was during my high school at Word of Faith Academy, Benin. It was held inside the school dormitory, so, it wasn’t really a sneak out, though the matron didn’t know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GHANA'S FILM RISING STARS WATCHOUT NOLLYWOOD.

VAN VICKER IS TAKEN LADIES!