ONE ON ONE ACCOUNT! NAIJAGAL'S INAUGURATION EXPERIENCE! + NAIJAGAL'S BLOG IS WITNESSING A RENEWAL! +JCREW'S WEBSITE CRASHES FROM SEARCH !!

You can tell she is daddy's girl

Pics Source (AP and Getty)
Wow may I just say the trip to the inauguration was certainly worth it; Cold or not, you would hardly have noticed based on the excitement in the air. I must say, though the trains (metro) were packed, it turned out to be a really smooth ride; everyone was courteous to one another.

The emotion from the crowd when President Obama got sworn in was simply electrical; Flags waving people hugging. One guy said to me "would you believe we turned Virginia Blue?"

I smiled inwardly at the thought; who would have thought? Everyone hugged, cried, laughed and "boy" the first kids looked so cute. By the way J CREW'S website crashed yesterday, thanks in part to everyone trying to order the same outfits worn at the inauguration by the first children, Sasha and Malia.
pics (AP and Getty)


The parade was exciting and I have to say this I have so much respect and love for First Lady Michelle Obama because she is simply amazing, down to earth and classy. Here are two pictures from my personal book not from Reuters;



No you are not going to see one of me just yet.

Perhaps the highlight of the day was when I ran into Richard Branson who said "congratulations"

I also ran into a family from Kenya, the mother proudly strapped her baby on her back and what can I say but it felt truly like being home.

America is renewed and so is Naijagal. From this day onward this blog is going fully international without leaving out the original content. I have been asked by my readers in South Africa, Kenya, England and other countries to include articles relating to their countries and I intend to oblige;

Truly a magical day; now how did you spend the inauguration day? Talk about it by placing your comments; I want to know.

Comments

Divalocity said…
I, too will never forget this day as long as I live. It was wonderful and filled with such an aura of jubilation. My mother who is 76 years old had the blessing of witnessing this event. We did not ride the metro that day because they were packed. Since my sister works in Washington, we drove my vehicle right down Indiana Avenue without a sprinkle of traffic. We were under the impression that every road leading into the city would be closed, not this one and it worked out perfectly for us. I was amazed by the sheer size of the massive amount of people alone!

Popular posts from this blog

GHANA'S FILM RISING STARS WATCHOUT NOLLYWOOD.

VAN VICKER IS TAKEN LADIES!