THOUGHTS ABOUT AFRICA MY MAMALAND! BE INSPIRED



"Radio Africa" in 1986 the video listed above said "I am hearing only bad news from radio Africa." I remember as a child thinking what the hell is he talking about? Listening to this now. It makes sense, however we need to celebrate the success stories from Africa. I hope this blog will highlight good things.

For instance, I came across a site yesterday kiva.org (still wondering how it works) but I have to say, this organization is doing a good deed. Lending money to those in need and getting paid back. This is not a handout; this is what the people who cannot afford need. They do not need nor want anyone giving them rice, instead they would prefer to have the tools to create the rice they want.

Yvonne Chaka Chaka's song "my mamaland"(the video listed yesterday) evokes emotions in me; I love my mamaland; the red sand, the love of family, hardly would you find someone homeless. Do not discount what $300 can do in the life of an entrepreneur. As a kid when i received money as an allowance of sorts, I would save my money till I had enough to buy food items; I would then pester my mother to take me to the market and subsequently take me to the "motherless babies home" (orphanage). I would spend the day there with so much joy.

What have you done in the life of someone today? This goes to you reading this.



Now take a look below and see how African entrepreneurship is thriving!




now what are your thoughts?

Comments

Unknown said…
What happened to the EVi Edna Ogholi post? Been looking for it to post a comment. Saw it on the link in ur '8 Readers'.

Came over from Nigerian Blog Aggregators. Lovely Blog. Couldnt find the link to ur profile page anywhere!!! Where have u hidden it? LOL!!

U seem to have a fashhion blog going on here. Cool!!!!
Anonymous said…
lol it is located in the blog run a search with the search bar and you would see it right away:) thanks for stopping by

Popular posts from this blog

GHANA'S FILM RISING STARS WATCHOUT NOLLYWOOD.

VAN VICKER IS TAKEN LADIES!