SEAMSTRESS IS DIFFERENT FROM FASHION DESIGNERS PEOPLE!!



Hope you are having a swell Monday! I know I am, one of the things that irks me though is how people especially Naija and Africa call FASHION DESIGNERS seamstress!!! I was at an event and a dress designed by a fashion designer trained in one of the elite schools in the United States was referred to as a SEAMSTRESS!

Why do folks not get it; Would you call RALPH LAUREN or VERA WANG a SEAMSTRESS? I think not! ugh! Oh and here is another interesting fact!

Did you know jet blue reservation agents work 100% from home! (how does this have to do with fashion?). Well if you are an aspiring designer you can work from home to pay the bills and then design your clothes!

Oh did anyone sign up for www.yourunway.com last week how was the process? I have been asked by the beta site's developers:) GOT A LOT COMING UP LATER TODAY. WATCH THIS BLOGSPACE.

Comments

Anonymous said…
so true naijagal
Anonymous said…
It goes both ways. Most seamstresses in Nigeria are called either fashion designers or 'tailors'

Popular posts from this blog

GHANA'S FILM RISING STARS WATCHOUT NOLLYWOOD.

VAN VICKER IS TAKEN LADIES!